Patrick Soluri is a multi-talented composer based in New York City who specializes in dramatic music for orchestra, ballet, opera, film & TV. His love of telling stories through music is evident by a large body of work and commissions for the stage, screen and concert hall. His music is performed regularly at venue such as Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, and around the US and in Europe. He has studied with many illustrious composers and musicians and received numerous honors and recognitions. In addition to composing, his abilities have also enabled him to work fluidly as an orchestrator and music producer in numerous styles of music... (more)
- (opera) ALBERT NOBBS is a finalist in the 2018 Pellicciotti Opera Composition Prize!
Deborah Brevoort (librettist) and Patrick Soluri (composer) won the first round in the 2018 Pellicciotti Opera Composition Prize for their proposed full-length opera based on the acclaimed novel ALBERT NOBBS. For the second and final round of the competition, they'll write 20 minutes of the opera which will be workshopped in September alongside the projects of the three other teams of finalists, including esteemed colleagues Tom Cipullo, Anthony Davis, Lori Laitman, and Joan Ross Sorkin!
- (opera) EMBEDDED to have full production as part of Fort Worth Opera's 2016 Season.
Fort Worth Opera has announecd that the one-act opera, "EMBEDDED" (music by Patrick Soluri and libretto by Deborah Brevoort) will be performed as part of their 2016 Season. This fully staged production was co-produced with Fargo-Moorehead Opera where it received its world premiere in 2014, and was originally commissioned by American Lyric Theater (ALT) as part of the "Poe Project". EMBEDDED was also one of the winners of the 2013 FRONTIERS opera competition by Fort Worth Opera, and showcased during the 2013 Fort Worth Opera Festival.
- About FortWorth Opera's 2016 Season - StarTeleagram
ALT Operas in Fort Worth - Broadway World
FWO "Frontiers" Competition - www.fwopera.org
- (opera / ballet) Patrick Soluri talks about his work at NYASS and Fort Worth Opera
- On Febryary 25, 2016, Patrick spoke about his opera EMBEDDED and its upcoming production at FORT WORTH OPERA during one of their "Overture" events at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. This included a discussion led by FWO general director, Darren Woods, and performances of txcerpts from the work.
- Last Spring Patrick also made a presentation at the NY Arts & Sciences Salon about his work as a composer, and his unqiue approach to story telling in music thru ballet, opera, and film/TV. The presentation also included readings of some of his operatic work.
- (ballet) INTERMEZZO DANCE COMPANY commissions and performs "Myth of Sysiphus" choreographed by Craig Salstein (soloist, ABT) w/Abi Stafford (principal, NYCB).
The Intermezzo Dance Company commissioned Patrick to compose a ballet score based on the "Myth of Sysiphus" and was choreographed by the companies Artstic Director, Craig Salstein, who is also a soloist at American Ballet Theater. The work was first performed as a work-in-progress at Vassar College on March 29th and 30th, 2014, and will had its world premier January 17th and 18th, 2015 at Miller Theater in NYC. Both casts included Abi Stafford, principal ballerina at New York City Ballet.
- (orchestra) GULF COAST SYMPHONY commissions and performs "Symphonic Overture"
The Gulf Coast Symphony commissioned Patrick to compose
a symphonic overture in celebration of their 20th Anniversary. The world premiere was November 22, 2014 at the Barbara Mann Performaing Arts Hall and conducted by Andrew Kurtz, the orchestra's music director. Additional performances were in Spring 2015. www.gulfcoastsymphony.org
- (film) Film trailer for NCM currently screening on 19,000 film screens in 49 states in the US
Patrick composed music for a pre-show trailer for NCM (who sell advertising at cinemas) directed by JAMES STERLING. The trailer is currently airing at all AMC, Regal, and Cinemark theater screens in 49 states on 19,000 screens.
- THE SALON / Prohibition Productions
Patrick's Prohibition Production LLC produce a number of vintage themed parties in New York City that are at the forefront of retro-nouveau scene in New York City according to NY Times, Time Out NY, and Wall Street Journal, among others. More info at www.thesalon.biz
check out the NEWS ARCHIVE for more news