Patrick Soluri is a multi-talented composer based in New York City who specializes in dramatic music for orchestra, ballet, opera, film & TV. His love of telling stories through music is evident in his large body of work and commissions for the stage, screen and concert hall. His music is performed regularly at venue such as Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, and around the US and in Europe. He has studied with many illustrious composers and musicians and received numerous honors and recognitions. In addition to composing, his abilities have also enabled him to work fluidly as an orchestrator and music producer in numerous styles of music... (more)
- (dance: ballet) Dances Patrelle revives "Mother" April 26-28th, features Jenifer Ringer from New York City Ballet.
Longtime collaborator Francis Patrelle will revive the ballet "What Do We Do About Mother" and feature Jenifer Ringer and Jonathan Stafford (principals, New York City Ballet) in the lead roles. This work was originally commissioned in 2007 by Dances Patrelle with the wonderful Jenifer Ringer originating the role, we are thrilled to have her return to it. The original recording is by The Manhattan Chamber Orchestra and CDs will be available at shows, and online for download.
More info & tickets at www.DancesPatrelle.org
- (opera) EMBEDDED wins Fort Worth Opera's 'FRONTIERS' competition!
The one act opera, "EMBEDDED" (music by Patrick Soluri and libretto by Deborah Brevoort), was selected as one of the winners of the FRONTIERS opera competition by Fort Worth Opera. The work will be showcased during the last week of the 2013 Opera Festival on May 9, 2013, and will be conducted by Steven Osgood, who also conducted Patrick's "Inferno: Canto V" with New York City Opera in 2003.
More info www.fwopera.org
- News article in Star-Telegram
- (dance: Modern) FIRE & AIR - sold out World Premiere at The KENNEDY CENTER in Washington DC.
On April 5th and 6th Patrick conducted the sold out world premiere of my new dance score "FIRE AND AIR" at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, commissioned and performed by Bowen McCauley Dance. The score (for orchestra and string trio), based on the last scene from "Antony & Cleopatra" by Shakespeare was choreography by Lucy McCauley, with additional collaboration by Alan Paul - associate director of the Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, D.C. Later this year a recording will be released, and the company plans to tour the work.
- (opera) Patrick Soluri's short operas performed EIGHT times in March in four cities around the country!
Last month Patrick's short operas received eight performances around the country including performances in Dallas and Fort Worth of FIGARO's LAST HANGOVER by Fort Worth Opera, as well as four additional performances in Philadelphia by Center City Opera Theater. ADAM AND EVE was also performed in Bethesda, MD by Urban Arias and directed by Alan Paul (director of "Fire and Air"). These performances continue an exciting trend of my short operas getting frequently performed around the country and show a building audience for American opera. "Figaro" has become my most performed opera!
- THE SALON / Prohibition Productions
Prohibition Productions and Patrick Soluri produce a number of retro themed parties in New York City that are at the forefront of retro-nouveau scene in New York City according to Time Out NY and the Wall Street Journal. More info at www.thesalon.biz
- (film) DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: A DOCUMENTARY
Patrick scored the trailer for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: A DOCUMENTARY, for director and noted cinematographer, Anthony Savini. The trailer was used in the Kickstarter campaign which successfully raised over $195,000! The film is in full production and has the industry abuzz for its release by 2014. To see the trailer and for info on the film visit: www.dndadoc.com
- (film) ALTER EGOS with Sean Lennon gets theatrical & soundtrack release
Patrick arranged, orchestrated and produced the score for the indie super hero film ALTER EGOS, with music by SEAN LENNON. This greatly anticipated film follows director/writer JORDAN GALLAND indie hit, "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Undead." ALTER EGOS premiered to sold-out audiences at the Fantasia Film Festival over the summer and was picked up by Kevin Smith's production company for distribution (Phase 4 Films). It is already getting rave reviews from VARIETY, blogs and other media. A NY theatrical preview ran from October 19th-25th at Cinema Village, followed by a wide release on November 20th. It also screened at the Friar's Club Comedy Festival on Oct 26th at the HBO Theater. The soundtrack will also be released on November 20th by Chimera Music. For info on the film, soundtrack & trailer visit: www.alteregosmovie.com
- AWARDS & HONORS
Patrick was awarded another consecutive ASCAP Plus Award for 2011/2012 by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). In addition he was once again selected to be published in the 2011 Marquis's Who's Who in America as a noted composer.
- Two Seasons and 18 Performances at Staatsballett Berlin (Germany)After 18 performances, over two seasons CONTINUUM, the ballet score for ‘To Be Continued’ had it's final performance in 2011. It was commissioned by the Staatsballett Berlin (Berlin State Ballet), one of Europe's leading ballet companies,and choreographed by Xenia Wiest. This ballet was featured in the Staatsballett's program "Shut Up and Dance: Reloaded!" which premiered January 2010 at the Komische Opera in Berlin, Germany... (more)
- Patrick is thrilled to be represented by Craig Urquhart. In addition to assisting Leonard Bernstein at the end of his career, Mr. Urquhart has worked for the Leonard Bernstein Office (LBO) for over 20 years, and currently is the Senior Consultant for Public Relations and Promotion for the LBO, and manages a few select artists worldwide. Click here to contact Craig Urquhart.
- FANCY NANCY - a SOLD OUT children's ballet premieres sells over 7,000 tickets!
A children's ballet commissioned by the Cuyahoga Valley Youth Ballet, choreographed by Francis Patrelle and based on "Fancy Nancy," the hit children's books by Jane O'Connor and illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser. Premiering March 2010 in Akron, Ohio and selling over 7,000 tickets for three performances (most shows sold out) - it was the ballet companies most successful production in their 30 year history. This was followed by two sold out shows May 8th, 2010in New York City at Symphony Space... (more)
- What people are saying!
For more quotes, click here...
“Thank you for the gorgeous score. It was wonderful to dance to!”
JENIFER RINGER - Principal Dancer, New York City Ballet. Performed the role of Mother in “What Do We Do About Mother” in 2007
"He is the most talented young American composer working today..."
FRANCIS PATRELLE - Choreographer & Artistic Director, Dances Patrelle