| NEWS ARCHIVE
- (opera / ballet) Patrick Soluri talks about his work at NYASS and Fort Worth Opera
- On Febryary 25, 2016, Patrick spoke about his opera EMBEDDED and its upcoming production at FORT WORTH OPERA during one of their "Overture" events at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. This included a discussion led by FWO general director, Darren Woods, and performances of txcerpts from the work.
- Last Spring Patrick also made a presentation at the NY Arts & Sciences Salon about his work as a composer, and his unqiue approach to story telling in music thru ballet, opera, and film/TV. The presentation also included readings of some of his operatic work.
- (ballet) INTERMEZZO DANCE COMPANY commissions and performs "Myth of Sysiphus" choreographed by Craig Salstein (soloist, ABT) w/Abi Stafford (principal, NYCB).
The Intermezzo Dance Company commissioned Patrick to compose a ballet score based on the "Myth of Sysiphus" and was choreographed by the companies Artstic Director, Craig Salstein, who is also a soloist at American Ballet Theater. The work was first performed as a work-in-progress at Vassar College on March 29th and 30th, 2014, and will had its world premier January 17th and 18th, 2015 at Miller Theater in NYC. Both casts included Abi Stafford, principal ballerina at New York City Ballet.
- (orchestra) GULF COAST SYMPHONY commissions and performs "Symphonic Overture"
The Gulf Coast Symphony commissioned Patrick to compose
a symphonic overture in celebration of their 20th Anniversary. The world premiere was November 22, 2014 at the Barbara Mann Performaing Arts Hall and conducted by Andrew Kurtz, the orchestra's music director. Additional performances were in Spring 2015. www.gulfcoastsymphony.org
- (film) Film trailer for NCM currently screening on 19,000 film screens in 49 states in the US
Patrick composed music for a pre-show trailer for NCM (who sell advertising at cinemas) directed by JAMES STERLING. The trailer is currently airing at all AMC, Regal, and Cinemark theater screens in 49 states on 19,000 screens.
- (opera) 10 minute comic opera FIGARO AND THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE commissioned and premiered by Fort Worth Opera.
The Fort Worth Opera commissioned Patrick to compose a new 10 minute comic opera, the latest in his series of satirical "Figaro" works. It was written for 4 voices, and piano and premiered in October 2013. There is an
alternate orchestration for string quartet and piano.
- (dance: Modern) FIRE & AIR - premieres at Kennedy Center, tours to China, and DC Fringe Festival
Following the sold-out premiere of "FIRE AND AIR" at the Kennedy Center in April 2013 (which Patrick conducted), Bowen McCauley Dance performed the work at the GuongDong Festival in China in November 2013. The work was also performed in July at the Capital Fringe Festival. A review in DC Metro Arts wrote - "Patrick Soluri has written a powerful score - beautifully played and filled with lush strings – that builds to a blazing ending..."
- (film) DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: A DOCUMENTARY
Patrick scored the trailer for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: A DOCUMENTARY, for director and noted cinematographer, Anthony Savini. The trailer was used in the Kickstarter campaign which successfully raised over $195,000! The film is in full production and has the industry abuzz for its release by 2014. To see the trailer and for info on the film visit: www.dndadoc.com
- (film) ALTER EGOS with Sean Lennon gets theatrical & soundtrack release
Patrick arranged, orchestrated and produced the score for the indie super hero film ALTER EGOS, with music by SEAN LENNON. This greatly anticipated film follows director/writer JORDAN GALLAND indie hit, "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Undead." ALTER EGOS premiered to sold-out audiences at the Fantasia Film Festival over the summer and was picked up by Kevin Smith's production company for distribution (Phase 4 Films). It is already getting rave reviews from VARIETY, blogs and other media. A NY theatrical preview ran from October 19th-25th at Cinema Village, followed by a wide release on November 20th. It also screened at the Friar's Club Comedy Festival on Oct 26th at the HBO Theater. The soundtrack will also be released on November 20th by Chimera Music. For info on the film, soundtrack & trailer visit: www.alteregosmovie.com
- AWARDS & HONORS
Patrick was awarded another consecutive ASCAP Plus Award for 2011/2012 by The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). In addition he was once again selected to be published in the 2011 Marquis's Who's Who in America as a noted composer.
- Two Seasons and 18 Performances at Staatsballett Berlin (Germany)After 18 performances, over two seasons CONTINUUM, the ballet score for ‘To Be Continued’ had it's final performance in 2011. It was commissioned by the Staatsballett Berlin (Berlin State Ballet), one of Europe's leading ballet companies,and choreographed by Xenia Wiest. This ballet was featured in the Staatsballett's program "Shut Up and Dance: Reloaded!" which premiered January 2010 at the Komische Opera in Berlin, Germany... (more)
- Patrick is thrilled to be represented by Craig Urquhart. In addition to assisting Leonard Bernstein at the end of his career, Mr. Urquhart has worked for the Leonard Bernstein Office (LBO) for over 20 years, and currently is the Senior Consultant for Public Relations and Promotion for the LBO, and manages a few select artists worldwide. Click here to contact Craig Urquhart.
- FANCY NANCY - a SOLD OUT children's ballet premieres sells over 7,000 tickets!
A children's ballet commissioned by the Cuyahoga Valley Youth Ballet, choreographed by Francis Patrelle and based on "Fancy Nancy," the hit children's books by Jane O'Connor and illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser. Premiering March 2010 in Akron, Ohio and selling over 7,000 tickets for three performances (most shows sold out) - it was the ballet companies most successful production in their 30 year history. This was followed by two sold out shows May 8th, 2010in New York City at Symphony Space... (more)
- What people are saying!
For more quotes, click here...
“Thank you for the gorgeous score. It was wonderful to dance to!”
JENIFER RINGER - Principal Dancer, New York City Ballet. Performed the role of Mother in “What Do We Do About Mother” in 2007
"He is the most talented young American composer working today..."
FRANCIS PATRELLE - Choreographer & Artistic Director, Dances Patrelle